Tips for a good Raclette Party !
Raclette party = convivial dinner with friends or family, to warm up the cold winter evenings
Very easy to prepare
This is a dish frequently served in France, especially in the Alpine region.
What will you need?
- Friends or family: the Raclette is primarily a time for sharing!
- A raclette grill
- Entremont Raclette cheese
- Potatoes baked in advance (water or steam) with the skin
- Several types of cooked meats: ham, prosciutto, smoked ham, coppa, dried beef, bacon, rosette, chorizo
- Pickles and onions to go with
- Optional: prepare a salad to lighten the dinner
- Original option: some raclette machine have also a grill on top. We suggest you can grill onions, peppers and mushrooms or any other veggies you fancy Then we can cook onions, peppers, mushrooms and other vegetables!
Which quantities to buy?
Generally, it is estimated 200g of cheese and 200g of potato per person
What wine to go with my Raclette?
Red wine or white wine, both are suitable
French people often drink:
For red wine:
- A light and fruity wine: Côtes de Brouilly or Pinot Noir.
- More Generous: a Merlot.
For white wine:
- A fruity and lively: Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay.
- But also: Côtes du Jura wines or from Savoie
If you don’t drink wine, we suggest to have a tea or a sparkling mineral water to help digestion
Other technical details:
Preheat raclette grill 15 minutes before
Provide several plates of cheese and charcuteries on the table, especially if you are many on one big table! After a Raclette party, make a light dessert, such as fruit salad or sorbets.