A cheese board essential
Does our Comté still need an introduction? First French PDO and one of the top five favourite cheeses in France**, Comté cheese is in favour! This hard pressed cheese is mainly made in cooperative cheese dairies in the Jura using raw milk produced by Montbéliarde dairy cows, among other breeds. It traditional maturing process involving heating the whey and ancestral cheese making expertise give it an unparalleled intense flavour.
Comté cheese's flavours are heightened over time and develop more intense aromas as it matures. This is why we propose four degrees of maturity for Comté Terroirs et Sélection with varied aromas which will delight the most discerning connoisseurs!
- For a mild flavour, Comté Doux, matured for at least 4 months
- For fruitier notes, Comté Fruité, matured for at least 6 months
- For strong cheese lovers, Comté Vieille Réserve, matured for at least 10 months and made with summer milk
- For an aromatic explosion on the palate, Comté Prestige, matured for at least 18 months
All that remains is to make your choice!
* Protected Designation of Origin
** Source: CNIEL